Feminist. This had become a sort of taboo word in my head ‘cause of the stigma that comes with it. At one point feminist meant fighters for equality, today they are seen as ugly, angry, man-haters, out just to prove a point. And that just bugs me! So here I am, finally acknowledging my feminist side and attempting to clear up what feminism does not mean.
- It does not mean I hate men. No, I don’t discriminate like that. I hate men and women equally.
- It does not mean I’m gonna to try and remove the colour hot pink or blonde from my world.
- It does not mean I’m a lesbian. I drool over Robert Downey Jr. and Hugh Jackman as much as any other girl, if not more. (Although, I do think life would be easier if I could be one. My bestie and I could live happily ever after. Less drama that way.)
- Just because I’m a feminist doesn’t mean I will eat up any bullshit thrown at me as long as it’s a woman throwing. This girl is allergic to that stuff and can have severe reactions to it.
- I’m not feminist because I’m ‘fashionably-challenged’. I’m a clothes slut when I need to be, but how can I help it if my PJ’ or jeans look more appealing than that little black dress most of the days?
- Lastly, I’m not always angry. Just can’t stand stupidity. If I get angry with you, you probably were being an enormous pain in my ass.
These are just the accusations I’ve personally seen feminists face. There seem to be endless stereotypes, but that is a discussion for another day. Toodles! :*